[Callers] Contras with square dance figures

Charles chuckabell at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 13:17:45 PDT 2018

Here's one I wrote and have used many times successfully. You may wish to look up the figure on YouTube if you have difficulty visualizing it:

Sow the Wheat Contra (improper)                                   Chuck Abell 1/15

A1       Bal and swing N (16)

A2      Gents alle left 1 1/2x (8) (8)

            P swing (8)

B1       Ladies chain (8)

Bal ring, gents roll P across set (8)

B2       Bal the ring (4)

Sow the wheat/mow the clover 1 1/2x, ones duck first (12)*

w/ new N….

* Twos arch, ones duck under, then back up arching over the twos, then duck again to progress. Basically an inside dosido 1 1/2x while holding partner’s hand.