[Callers] New (?) 4x4 contra

Yoyo Zhou yozhov at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:03:57 PDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Read Weaver via Callers <

> I don’t understand this—since you can’t comfortably give weight in the
> mill-grip (and you can in hands-across), why does it get you around faster?
> Just because people are more used to it?

In a figure like circle right or left hand wrist grip star, if one dancer
realizes it's moving too slowly, they can walk faster and cause the entire
foursome to move faster, because everyone is connected. In a hands-across
star, that dancer is stuck behind someone whom they're not connected to and
who also can't really see them, and speeding up just makes them step on
that person's feet.

Yoyo Zhou