[Callers] Handheld mic advice

Delia Clark deliaclark8 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:18:26 PDT 2018

Hi,
I need some advice. My wireless mic (Shure PGx2) has finally died - a problem with the on/off switch. I sent it to Shure but they said it was was too old to repair. Rather than buying through a cheap online site like I did last time, which might be why it seems to have broken and gone out of date so quickly, I went to the Shure website to look at new ones. Two that seem to look a lot like my old one are below. Can anyone recommend which might be better for calling, or another handheld wireless mic that you’d recommend more?

BLX The ideal entry-level wireless microphone system for small venues, BLX offers professional quality sound with simple setup and an intuitive interface. $299
- Transmitter form factors include handheld (customizable at designstudio.shure.com), bodypack, headworn, lavalier, instrument clip-on, and combo
- Single-channel, dual-channel, and rack mount receiver options available
- Powered with AA batteries
- Offers a 24 MHz tuning bandwidth and up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (region dependent)

PGX-D Digital offers wireless audio that sounds like wired, rock-solid RF performance, and simple setup and operation for small clubs and venues.  $349
Transmitter form factors include handheld, lavalier, headworn, bodypack, and instrument clip-on
Powered with AA batteries
Operates in the 900 MHz frequency band
Up to 5 systems can be used simultaneously

Thanks for any advice you have!
Delia

Delia Clark
PO Box 45