[Callers] Need help teleporting to other side of set - new dance

Aahz caller at aahz.ws
Mon Apr 9 06:42:44 PDT 2018

On Sun, Apr 08, 2018, K Panton via Callers wrote:

> Here's the dance. the problem is "How do I get neighbours who are beside
> each other in an ocean wave (A1) to the other side of the set for a swing?"
> (A2) (short of calling on Mr. Scott for a teleport)
>
> Return from Vulcan  Becket
>
> A1 (8) Cir L 1.0
>       (8) Slide left and cir 3/4 the next couple to a wavy line.
> A2 (4,6,8?) (balance wave, not critical) get gent to other side of set with
> neighbour [hmmm... Ladies alle L 1/2, P alle R 1/2, Gents alle L 1/2 - I'm
> not convinced]
>       (12,10,8?) N Swing

The standard mechanism for what you want in MWSD would be "Recycle &
Sweep 1/4".  That would result in facing couples (long lines).

https://www.tamtwirlers.org/taminations/#link=ms%2Frecycle&name=Recycle%20from%20Right-Hand%20Wave&level=Mainstream&title=Recycle&animnum=0&action=ANIMLIST

Problem is that now you have the people you want swinging standing next
to each other rather than facing each other.  Also ends up being a LOT of
flow circling left.

Another option would be Square Thru 2 and roll to face.  With a balance
on each pull-by, flow works reasonably well.  (You could either start
with a wave or leave them as facing couples -- Square Thru is proper from
a wave.)
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/