[Callers] Great dances for learning how to dance with ghosts?

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Fri Apr 6 15:34:51 PDT 2018

Hi Ken,

I've never called this one, but this is my take on the end effects from a
quick review (what the heck - the worst that could happen is I'm wrong!).

-Don

Notation is "DV1" (my initials, first cycle, assuming full/even sets) and
"DV2" (second cycle). If starting with a couple out, flip the cycles at
that end.
The Hobbitby Melanie Axel-Lute
Intermediate ----- Dup imp
*A1* (8)   Neighbor balance and box the gnat
DV1 => Still in same minor set, swapped place with N
DV2 => Couples out at end awaiting next move
(8)   Pull by with right hand to previous neighbor; with that one,
allemande left once around
DV1 => All have de-progressed one minor set temporarily. If kicked "out" at
the end, stay in place... don't do anything at end (or could allemande
ghost or partner 1x back to place and then wait there)
DV2 => end couples are temporarily back in the dance and participate
through the B1 first move.
*A2* (8)   Women (in new group of four) allemande right once and a half
DV1 => Gents are still on their home side, Ladies have crossed set
(8)   Partner swing
DV1 => all on Gent's home side, still de-progressed 1 minor set
*B1* (8)   Circle left 3/4 and pass through to original neighbor
DV1 => All are back at original minor set, nobody "out" now
DV2 => "out" couple is once again out, stay in place.
(8)   Swing original neighbor
DV1 => Back to standard improper home side, 1s below 2s (progressed)
*B2* (8)   Long lines forward and back
(8)   Lefthand star
DV1 => Puts end couple really "out" and they should cross over at this
point.
DV2 => "out" couple coming back into the dance for real but will be subject
to temporary ejection again (stay in place when it happens).

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 5:52 PM, K Panton via Callers <