[Callers] Down the hall - do something - then come back up

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Wed Apr 4 20:42:14 PDT 2018

Hickman's Hey is one I've had local dancers request. I see from Martha's
post that it's credited to Dan Pearl - it came to me as "unknown author."

Below are a couple of mine that fit the bill - one well proven and one yet
to be.

-Don

(Riding in the) Zoomy Car – DI – Don Veino 20170717
*Status:* Proven

*A1*
Long Lines Forward & Back
1s Half Figure 8 down through 2s (around same role and above to center of
line/4 facing down, L2,L1,G1,G2)

*A2*
Line/4 Down the Hall, bend line
2s Half Figure 8 up through 1s (around opposite role and below to center of
line/4 facing up)
[to G1,L2,G2,L1 from dancer’s perspective (or L1,G2,L2,G1 from stage)]

*B1*
Line/4 Up the Hall; Gent 1 lets go, the Twos arch* via Gent doing Left Hand
High/Right Low to shoot Lady 1 through to Gent 1
Partner Swing
[*note Lady 2 continues walking forward during Left High/Right Low move to
make space for Lady 1 to pass through straight across and can keep hands
directly into the Swing]

*B2*
Gents Allem Left 1+1/2x
Neighbor Swing

*End effects*: Be mindful of how your action changes when crossing over at
ends
*Tune suggestions*: Marches, strongly phrased romantic tunes
Posted at http://veino.com/blog/?p=1792 .

Strolling & Rolling – Becket – Don Veino 20170725
*Status:* DRAFT

This is most likely an intermediate level dance due to the need for timely
and slightly differing action in the A2 as well as the need for good dancer
technique to make the roll to heys timing work and everyone end up in the
right places. Because all the hey action is focused on Partners, the dance
should provide effective recovery points that would keep it out of
“advanced” territory.

So far this dance has been walked through successfully but not yet
called/danced. I’ve since leveraged this roll to hey into a 4 Face 4
dance, Lobster
Roll <http://veino.com/blog/?p=1875>, which has been called publicly.

*A1*
Left Diagonal Circle 3/4x, Swing Neighbor
[first time through, circle is straight across]

*A2*
(8) Ladies Chain (to P) to face down the hall (so Courtesy Turn = different
fractions for 1s and 2s)
(6,2) Down the Hall in Line/4, Gents Roll Partner w/HS (face Partner across
set)

*B1*
Half Hey (pass P Left to start, end in mirror position of start, facing up,
Ladies on *left* of P)
(6,2) Up the Hall in Line/4, Gents Roll Partner w/HS (face P across set)

*B2*
Half Hey (pass P Right to start, end in mirror position of start, facing P)
Partner Swing

*End effects*: Wait out on left diagonal to enter in the circle
*Tune suggestions*: Strongly phrased/driving smooth tunes

Posted at http://veino.com/blog/?p=1901 .

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:01 PM, K Panton via Callers <