[Callers] New (?) 4x4 contra

Cara Sawyer cvsawyer at uwalumni.com
Wed Apr 4 15:04:36 PDT 2018

Thanks for starting this strain, Luke, and for your dance.

Our Jo Mortland here in Chicago recently organized a Dutch Crossing
workshop, and we did a successful demo at our Monday night dance. Lisa's
video certainly helped us out a lot! Somewhere on the internet ours is
floating around also...and we are talking about doing more workshops like
it in the future. We can start a list of these more complicated, 48-etc.
bar dances for our Chicago dances. Have you written similar dances?

Interesting we were just wondering where in the world we could find some,
and here you write one! :):)

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Colin Hume via Callers <

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2018 19:09:58 +0000 (UTC), Mac Mckeever via Callers wrote:
> > I have called hey mania several times and it is not hard to stay with
> the phrasing - as long as you use the swing
> > after the heys to let everyone catch up
>
> I agree with that - and I add a promenade after the final partner swing,
> so that once through the figure is 3 x 32 bars.  Someone
> suggested it would be more logical to use 4 x 24 bar reels, but I'm not
> going to subject any band to that!
>
> Colin Hume

Cara V. Sawyer
MMus French Horn