[Callers] Baridhara

Kalia Kliban kalia.kliban at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 12:51:26 PDT 2018

On 4/1/2018 10:32 AM, Alexandra Deis-Lauby via Callers wrote:
> Does anyone call Chris Weiler’s baridhara?
> What kind of music do you ask for? And tempo?
>
> Here’s the dance. Thanks!
>
> Baridhara Improper Chris Weiler
>
> A1 Star Right; Neighbor Gypsy
>
> A2 Circle Single File Left Half (still looking at Neighbor Women lead)
> (4) Neighbor Gypsy (some more) (4); Neighbor Swing
>
> B1 Give & Take: Women pull Partner back
>
> B2 Women Chain; Star Left

I looked up the dance online, and on Chris's website
(http://caller.chrisweiler.ws/dances.htm#baridhara) he links to the tune
by Ian Morrison that the dance was written to go with.  So that one
seems like a good starting place :>)  I like those flowy contras a lot
and this one looks nice.  Those who've called or danced it, how does
this one feel on the floor?  Seems like you'd want to keep the tempo
moderate.

Kalia