[Callers] Multiple N swings / does this dance exist?

Jack Mitchell jmitchell.nc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:15:33 PDT 2017

Here are a two more

*Diagonal Discovery* – Gene Hubert
*Becket*

*A1*    LL F&B
          (L Diag Gents) Gents Look Left Alle L 1½

*A2*    with New (L Diag) N B&S

*B1*    Circle Left ¾, pass thru
          P Sw

*B2*    ½ Hey gents pass L Sh
                P Sw (or 2-hand turn)

An excellent dance. Give the dancers the option of a two hand turn or a
swing in B2.

*The Gang of Four** – *Gene Hubert                                   Becket

R/CW

*A1*    Circle Left ¾
          N Sw

*A2*    N Promenade around whole set gents towards the center
                Ladies Turn back, NEW N Sw

*B1*    Big Circle Left until opposite your partner
                LL F&B

*B2*    Ladies Alle R 1½
          P Sw

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:10 PM Maia McCormick via Callers <

> Thanks for all your contributions, folks!
>
> To avoid a conflict, have officially renamed this dance to "Neighbor,
> Neighbor On the Wall
> <http://contra.maiamccormick.com/dances.html#neighbor,neighboronthewall>"
> (it had a nice ring at the time, don't worry about it).
>
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Bob Isaacs <isaacsbob at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Maia:
>>

>> If you're looking for something new, this was just written at the Labor
>> Day Dance Away.  Jerry Tobin won the raffle, and asked for a swing-to-swing
>> transition:
>>
>> Eight Years and Still Swinging
>>
>> Becket-R
>>

>> A1.  Long lines, ladies chain to N1
>>
>> A2.  Balance, Petronella, balance, Petronella
>>
>> B1.  N1 swing and roll off . . , N2 swing
>>
>> B2.  Gents allemande L 1 1/2, partner swing
>>

>> BTW, the title Good Fences was chosen for another auction dance this
>> summer, this one for Margaret Pigman, Gregg Gorin, and Dan Vilter at Amweek
>> 2017.
>>

>> Bob

Jack Mitchell
Durham, NC