[Callers] Last Minute Advice

John Freeman johnfreem at aol.com
Sat Sep 23 08:10:48 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I have been calling for almost 37 years, but have mostly been on “emeritus” status since I moved to an island that has no regular dances. The last dance I called was on Cape Cod 18 months ago. That dance is the only one I can get to; not more than once or twice a year. Attending that dance requires a ferry ride and leaving at intermission to catch the last ferry home.

Anyway, I am going from no dances in 18 months to 3 in three weeks. Tonight’s dance will be mostly “rookies”, but I expect a handful of experienced dancers. The other two dances will full of new dancers. I have my usual ONS list of dances. I wonder if you might share a few newer dances that can easily be taught and danced by these folks. I will be working with a really great string band, so the music will be great for these dances.

Thanks in advance,

John B. Freeman, SFTPOCTJ