[Callers] Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Gypsies (But Were Afraid to Ask)

John Sweeney john at modernjive.com
Mon Sep 4 04:15:49 PDT 2017

Important note: This is NOT about whether or not modern callers should use
the term. Please don't raise that question in response to this note. This is
a historical analysis of the gypsy.

If you are interested please look at http://contrafusion.co.uk/Gypsy.html
where you will find all these subjects covered:

Gypsy - Whole Gip - Walk Around: The Move & The Name
    References & Definitions Through the Ages
    Gypsy: The Name
    Warning
    Backs & Faces
    Not Turning Your Faces
    Sharp's Whole Gips
    The Solo Gypsy
    Interlocking Gypsies or Double Gyp
    Conclusion
    Note on Etymology
    Other Sources
    Appendix 1: Walk Around the Corner
    Appendix 2: Back-Circles

Thanks to all the people who provided information and insights.

Please let me know if you have anything that will help me to improve this
page.

Thanks.

            Happy dancing,
                   John