[Callers] Halloween

Karin Neils kanara at triton.net
Thu Oct 12 09:02:41 PDT 2017

You will need a good percentage of experienced dancers for this one; it
is SO delightfully representative of a bubbling pot....!

*Witches' Cauldron*by Kirston Koths**SourceCDSS "Gems"

Sicilian Circle-Mixer

Beg/Int

Notes from Oct 2010 4^th Fri - YAY! Works with reminding gents that they
are the anchors and they stay in their same inner or outer circle and
ladies zig zag about as we stir the potWe only had 6 sets of four
dancing and it worked all right….

The tune *OLD GREAY CAT*’s a VERY GOOD MATCHin rhythm and mood

A1After forming the sets, the two ladies trade places and face your
partner (partners are together in the same – inner or outer - large ring)
(16) Partners balance and swing

A2(8) Large rings go fwd & back; (8) Large rings circle right

B1(8) Large rings circle left
(8) Original foursomes circle left 3/4 (you and your partner are now
facing clockwise or counter-clockwise)

B2(8) You and your partner as a cpl, dosido neighbor couple
(2) As individuals pass through along the set
This is the progression; the one you face is your new ptr
(6) New partners see-saw (left-shoulder dosido)

*Author's Notes*
This dance written for the Palo Alto Hallowe'en contradance. Composed
Sept 10, 1988

/Double, double, toil and trouble; fire burn, and cauldron bubble!/

/            Come and stir my pot with me. Bring a partner; come and see!
/

---