[Callers] Gender Free MWSD

Nick Cuccia cuccia at mosswood-associates.com
Wed Oct 4 12:20:06 PDT 2017

What Jeremy describes is what I've seen as both an attendee of the
IAGSDC convention in recent years, and as a visitor to a handful of
IAGSDC clubs in CA, NV, NM, OR, and WA.  IAGSDC even offers suggestions
to non-LGBT dancers attending IAGSDC conventions on how to "square up"
as a boy, girl, or either:

<http://www.iagsdchistory.org/historywiki/index.php?title=The_Guide_to_IAGSDC_Convention_Chapter_6>

The Rosetown Ramblers (an IAGSDC club based in Portland, OR) have a page
on commonly-used "fluff" (including the "boy!"/"girl!" thing mentioned
previously) at
<http://www.iagsdchistory.org/historywiki/images/3/33/How_To_Fluff.pdf>.

Outside of IAGSDC world, at least in my neck of the world (California's
central valley, about 100 miles east of San Jose), women dancing as
"boys" is tolerated if not exactly encouraged; women who do so may wear
a necktie to indicate the role that they're dancing, and some women will
carry a "boy" badge or a "boy/girl" badge that can be flipped so that
the role they're dancing is right-side-up while the role they're not
dancing is upside-down with them.

--Nick