[Callers] New Dance?

Dugan Murphy dugan at duganmurphy.com
Mon Oct 2 17:17:59 PDT 2017

Hi, Bill,

I'm pretty sure Cary Ravitz first developed the figure we call "gypsy
star."  I know three of his dances which use the figure.  "Woven Waves" and
"Gypsy Star" were both written in May 1999.  "Gypsy Waves" was written in
2013.

I haven't seen it in many other dances.  Ryan Smith and I helped Stacey
Lang write a dance with the figure called "The Fault in Our Stars."  See
http://www.twirlyshirts.com/dances/by-ryan/the-fault-in-our-stars/

Dugan Murphy
Portland, Maine
dugan at duganmurphy.com