[Callers] New Dance?

Dugan Murphy dugan at duganmurphy.com
Mon Oct 2 13:16:12 PDT 2017

Hi, Angela,

I've been calling the figure a "facing star," when I bother naming it at
all while teaching or prompting it.

Also, nice dance, though I suspect that since experienced dancers tend to
take fewer than eight beats to do half poussettes and 3/4 stars, I suspect
that dancers may end up swinging for as many as 20 beats.

Dugan Murphy
Portland, Maine
dugan at duganmurphy.com
www.DuganMurphy.com