[Callers] Balancing LEFT in a wave?

Erik Hoffman erik at erikhoffman.com
Tue Nov 14 22:28:40 PST 2017

Although I basically agree with Yoyo, I state it slightly different:

The direction of a balance should always consider what happens after the balance. Note that the direction of movement of an allemande is forward. Then (from physics) the connection of the hands accelerates the forward motion into a circular motion. But recognizing that the initial direction of motion in either a left or right allemande is forward. Thus, following a wave balance with any allemande suggests a forward and back balance.

~Erik Hoffman
   Oakland, CA