[Callers] Dare To Be Square Weekend in Helvetia, West Virginia - May 19, 20, 21st

T Claw via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon May 1 12:22:42 PDT 2017

This is my favorite square dance focused festival of all time. If you can
find a way to be there, you will not regret it. Today is the last day for
early bird rates on the super affordable tickets. If you can't afford it,
but want to get there, we can make it happen. Please forward to friends of
old time music and dance and try to send a contingent to represent your
community.

T-Claw

https://mountaindancetrail.org/364-2/
https://www.facebook.com/events/161612907668582/
http://bittersoutherner.com/my-year-in-helvetia-west-virginia/

"DARE TO BE SQUARE
HELVETIA, WV
May 19th - 21st 2017

A weekend for aspiring and advanced callers, dancers and musicians in a
small swiss town in the mountains of West Virginia! Workshops will be held
Friday, Saturday and Sunday with Bill Ohse, Will Mentor, Lou Maiuri, Mary
Alice Milnes, Gerry Milnes, T- Claw, Taylor Runner, Jesse Milnes, Ellen &
Eugene Ratcliffe and many others yet to be determined! There are two
beautiful dance halls and there will be many opportunities to practice
calling! Evening public square dances will be held on both Friday and
Saturday night with late night jam sessions at all hours. The High Ridge
Ramblers with Dave Bing, Andrew Dunlap and Mark Payne will play the Friday
night square dance! Saturday night square dance will be Jesse Milnes and
friends. Workshops will be held in Helvetia Fiddle Tunes, Calling 101 &
102, Helvetia Baking, Big Circle Square Dances, Glenville Style Squares,
Flatfooting 1 & 2, West Virginia Ballad Singing, Play Party Games, Calling
Feedback Sessions much more!

REGISTRATION is open!!
https://mountaindancetrail.org/364-2/

$65 prior to May 1st and $75 at gate.
FREE to folks under 18 years of age!

Please let me know if you can't come due to not being able to afford the
admission price, we can work something out. There are several volunteer
opportunities for partial and full tuition. There are also several
scholarships available to eager beginning callers! Also, We are in need of
a few more musicians to play for workshops. Contact hillreb1 at gmail.com for
inquiries.

HOUSING - $10-15 suggested donation per person for rustic camping for the
whole weekend.
Rooms available for rent at the Bee Keeper Inn and the Kultur Haus Helvetia
reserve yours before it's too late. "