[Callers] Full hey spanning two phrases?

Mark Hillegonds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Mar 29 12:54:53 PDT 2017

Hi, Maia,

At the risk of this not being exactly what you're looking for in a dance,
I'll share Julie's Gypsies.

The ladies dance the path of a full hey path across the A1 and A2 phrases.
I even describe it to the ladies as tracing the path of a hey. However, the
gents stay on their side.

I've had lots of complements and no mentions of concern about the figure
crossing the phrases. Perhaps it's different enough from a hey as it's
called and taught more at the component figure level as opposed to a single
figure.

In any case, wanted to share in case you found it helpful.

*4.  Julie’s Gypsies, Mark Hillegonds, Improper*
START:  (Long waves, L face in, G face out, N in RH)
A1:  Long waves balance R & L, N alle R 1x   /   Ladies pass L SH, Partner
gypsy R 1x
A2:  Ladies pass L SH, Neighbor swing
B1:  Circle Left 3/4   /   Partner swing
B2:  Ladies chain (to Neighbor)   /   LH Star 1x (to new Neighbor in RH)

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM, Maia McCormick via Callers <

*Mark Hillegonds*

Cell:  734-756-8441
Email:  mark.hillegonds at gmail.com