[Callers] Full hey spanning two phrases?

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Mar 28 19:10:17 PDT 2017

Maia,

I wrote a simple square "Hey Square, Let's Dance" that has the hey crossing
phrases.
It must be called Heads, Sides, Heads, Sides to have a complete mixer
square.

A1 Heads Lead Right & Circle to a Line, F&B
A2 Ladies Chain, Start a Full Hey
B1 Finish the Hey, Swing the one you meet
B2 Promenade

I have only shared this with one caller, and she remarked that the hey
crosses phrases, and she would not use it.
I must often use it wit singing calls, or square dance music that has
strong 8 beat phrasing.

Bob Isaacs "To Turn a Phrase" has the Oval crossing phrases.  I have danced
it when it feels good, but also when it did not.  I think the music
selection is more critical.

Rich Sbardella

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Maia McCormick via Callers <