[Callers] In search of un-premiered contras!

Jerome Grisanti via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Mar 27 14:02:49 PDT 2017

Dear Maia,

I recently composed a contra that may fit your criteria. I've sent it out
to a few other callers, and posted it to a small Facebook group, but its
challenges make it unsuitable for most dances on my schedule. The
challenges are: multiple progressions/regressions and potential
disorientation. I would guess a hall populated mostly with experienced
dancers would not have too much trouble with it. Another caller suggested
calling it as a becket starting with the B1, which would certainly give it
a different feel.

Let me know if you end up using it; good luck with your workshop whatever
you end up doing!

--Jerome

Do Re Mi Re Do By Jerome Grisanti

Duple Improper Contra

A1

Neighbor right-hand balance (4), pull by (2), next neighbor pull by left
(2).

Third neighbor right-hand balance (4), box the gnat (4).

A2

Gents allemande left 1 1/2 (8),
Partner swing (8)

B1

Slide left & circle left 3/4 with 2nd neighbors,
Neighbor swing

B2

Gents walk forward to a long wavy line (4), Balance forward & back (4);
Gents allemande left with ladies joining behind partners to turn it into a
left-hand star (8) (ladies traveling about 3/4, gents about once+ around).

You interact with three neighbors in this order: 1,2,3,2,1.
An end-effects warning: you're never out for long. Couples out during the
A2 will be in in the B1, if you're out in B1 you return in B2. The A1
figure wraps around the ends.

Jerome Grisanti
660-528-0858
http://www.jeromegrisanti.com

"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power
and magic in it." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

On Sun, Mar 26, 2017 at 8:26 PM, Maia McCormick via Callers <