[Callers] Difficult dancers - Decision to ask not to return

Donna Hunt via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Mar 9 11:48:33 PST 2017

Would you ever (or have you ever) asked someone not to return based on their inability to dance?
Is there some point at which you as organizers would consider and ultimately such a decision?

Personally I think it's appropriate to ask someone not to dance if their inability puts other dancers at risk.  For example, someone with poor balance (or inability to move fast enough) who hangs on their partners or grasps them tightly (and painfully) for support.  If repeated intervention from the organizers cannot help, I would suggest that person be invited to be formal door sitter/greeter and perhaps dance with only a select few folks who understand and are willing to modify the dance for the individual and give them the support they need.

Donna Hunt