[Callers] Difficult dancers as a caller

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Mar 7 14:38:29 PST 2017

On 3/7/2017 1:51 PM, Ron Blechner via Callers wrote:
> Mac, suggestions on how?
>
> (Guessing this is more of an organizer, not caller, thing to do.)
>
> Ron Blechner
>
> On Mar 7, 2017 9:51 AM, "Mac Mckeever via Callers"
> <callers at lists.sharedweight.net <mailto:callers at lists.sharedweight.net>>
> wrote:
>
>     It has been my experience that dancers with limited skills/ability
>     often do not realize they are different from anyone else.  They
>     assume that being lost and confused during a dance is normal.
>
>     Finding a gentle way to bring this to their attention might be a
>     good way to start
>
>     Mac McKeever
>     STLouis

Ron's comment about this being an organizer thing to do brings up a good
point.  There are things that the caller can see but not do much about
(what with being up on stage and responsible for keeping the whole room
moving), and there are things the organizers can do stuff about but
might not be able to see or properly address (like teaching issues for
individual dancers).  Finding time during a dance to communicate about
those things can be hard.  I don't have a solution to this, but am
merely noticing yet one more thing that can make it difficult to solve
problem dancers.

Kalia