[Callers] What to do with a really bad new dancer?

Winston, Alan P. via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Mar 6 17:41:24 PST 2017

I've seen some responses on the organizers list and here, and I've
thought about the persistent rock-in-the-stream dancer we had in
Berkeley (who did, eventually, start modifying the dances so he could
get where he needed on time, and who indeed various women would ask to
dance or he'd be asking the new young women dancers and confusing them
horribly).

One thing I'm noticing from the similar stories and responses is that
all the rocks in the stream I'm hearing about are male, and it's falling
on experienced women dancers to save the dance from them.

Is this just a problem with small sample sizes?  Has anyone encountered
this kind of dancer, the kind who really structurally can't ever be good
at it, spreads confusion, and yet keeps coming back, in female form?

-- Alan