[Callers] Dances Inspired by "Beneficial Tradition"

Dugan Murphy via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Mar 3 10:10:47 PST 2017

Does anybody know of dances inspired by "Beneficial Tradition" by Dan Pearl
that includes the "zipper" figure (B2 of "Beneficial Tradition") or
variations of that figure?  I just wrote one myself, so I'm curious to see
what else is out there.

Here's mine:

Dela Says Yippee by Dugan Murphy (Clockwise Becket)

A1  Long Lines Forward and Back (8) / Neighbor Left Hand Pull-by Across the
Set (hopping and shouting recommended on the fourth beat) (4) - New
Same-Role Dancer Across the Set Right Hand Pull-by Across the Set (hopping
and shouting recommended on the fourth beat) (4)

A2  New Ladies (not the one just pulled by) Left Hand Allemande 1.5 (8) /
Neighbor Swing

B1  Circle Left 3 Places (8) / Partner Di-Si-Do (8)

B2  Partner Balance & Swing (16)

This dance is also posted here: www.duganmurphy.com/dances-i-wrote

Dugan Murphy
Portland, Maine