[Callers] Super easy dances - do they exist?

Jen Morgan via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 19 01:23:21 PDT 2017

Re two hand turn, I too have had the problem of dancers trying to turn
under their arms instead of walking round each other -- also the same
problem for right/left hand turns.  I sometimes say things like "keep
your hands low and walk round each other clockwise" or even "walk
round each other with your joined hands at the middle of the circle"
which seems to help.

Re don't they get taught this in schools, no they don't.  :(  Everyone
who can teach this stuff has a day job and isn't available in the
school day to teach it.  Plus schools are so busy getting kids to cram
for their many exams that they don't have time to arrange that sort of
activity for children.  Teaching a bunch of teenagers to strip the
willow won't help you pass an ofsted inspection.

Jen