[Callers] Allen Ortep's First Contra

Mark Hillegonds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jun 18 19:33:27 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Allen Ortep's First Contra was shared with this group in November, 2012.
Just wondering if anyone has successfully called this dance. I ask because
I've tried a few times with some adventurous and skilled dancers and have
never gotten it to work. So I'm wondering if I have the instructions right.

I tried searching the SharedWeight archives and am not getting any results.
(In fact, I get no results even if I search for Contra. So now I'm feeling
very technologically challenged!)

Below are the instructions as I copied then and then double-checked them.at
the time.

Does anyone see any mistakes or have any other thoughts? Thanks.

Allen Ortep’s First Contra
by  Michael Fuerst
Contra/Improper/Int-Adv

A1 -----------
(8) LH star
(8) R diag R & L thru
A2 -----------
(4,4) LL F & B,     On way back, Gents roll Partner R to L
(6,2) Circle R 3/4,     Pass thru (along)
(16)  New Neighbor B & S
(4,4) Rings balance,     Spin to L
(8) Partner swing

--