[Callers] Super easy dances - do they exist?

Linda S. Mrosko via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Jun 17 17:19:32 PDT 2017

If only I could "train" them, but it's a new group every year.

Reminds me of the very first year I did this -- 15+ years ago.  There was
no working sound system -- they told me they had one, so I didn't bring
mine.  The band had theirs, but the screams from the dancers quickly
drowned them out.  I resorted to hand signals only.  Turns out that was one
of the best dances we ever did.

Maybe that's the answer to my problem.

On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Tom Hinds <twhinds at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Linda, thanks for bringing this topic up.  It sounds like might have a
> good collection of English village dances in your collection.  I think
> they're perfect for that group.  John is correct, get them moving right
> away.
>
> I realize that the thread is super easy dances but I'd like to throw out
> another idea.
>
> Maybe it's time to train them.  I don't think you can get them to be as
> quiet as you want but maybe you can get them to be quiet when you're
> teaching.  Those new to calling might want to think about demos, making
> sure that there's a payoff for being quite and watching.  The payoff/reward
> could be showing them a cool move or a fun way to dance a particular
> sequence etc. etc.  And if you can get them to laugh during the demo that's
> even better.
>
> Thanks to everyone for the dances.  We are fortunate to have so many
> talented contraographers.

*Looking forward,Linda S. Mrosko*

*102 Mitchell Drive*

*Temple, Texas 76501*