[Callers] Sing Call Squares

Robert Livingston via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jun 11 20:48:08 PDT 2017

Absolutely, among those dancing on a regular basis (and those who drop in)4Poster-Soldiers Joy is #1.  Can't go home without calling it   (just fancy goal posting)

Next is Engine #9..."1st couple round the hollow, 2 & 3 will follow, 4 make an arch and come on thru."
Down in the Caribbean  Great beat, Hank Snow song.  These tunes are not that difficult and if I start callinga cappella someone picks up the rhythm.  From the Falltown String Band and we'll do it Saturday at Chesterfield. (MA)
These are the favorites not found in your usual searches.  So many American tunes were used for squares and are old enough(1800s early 1900s) to be out of copyright.
Find Tod Whittemore's "San Antonio Rose" figure on line - it's a different figure and should be brought back..

Bob LivingstonMiddletown, CT