[Callers] New Dance to Share

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jun 8 19:30:56 PDT 2017

On 6/8/2017 6:35 PM, Mac Mckeever via Callers wrote:
> I have a dance called The Weevil by Richard Mason
>
> It is a 7 person set (3 face 4)
>
> It looks like it would be fun - but I have never had the opportunity to
> try it out.  Anyone had any experience with this one?
> The Weevil <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM1vr2-QK_Q>

It's more challenging than you might think, especially getting the
tunnel to form up correctly.  I wouldn't do this one with brand-new
dancers.  On the other hand, Le Brandy is _great_ with new dancers.

Le Brandy
trad. French Canadian
Longways set of 6-10 couples
A1 All R elbow turn, then L elbow.
A2 All dosido partner, then dosido by the other shoulder, ending
standing back to back in the middle of the set.
B1 Everyone yell "Un, deux, trois, poussez!" on the first 4 beats, doing
a gentle bootie bump with partner on "poussez," then swing partner.
B2 Top couple boogie down the middle with style as the rest move up one
place.

Kalia Kliban