[Callers] Roger Whynot Contras for Modern Square Dancers (Part 1)

Rich Sbardella via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jul 28 10:56:16 PDT 2017

Hello Judy,

I found the Dick Leger album with Roger Whynot contras.  I remember dancing
many of these at East Hill Farm with Dick Leger.

*SW Contra*
Alternate Duple/Double Progression, No P Swg

A1 N DSD, N Swg
A2 Face Across Flutterwheel, Sweep 1/4, Star Thru
B1 Circle Left, Circle Right
B2 Promenade Across, R&L Thru

*Eighteenth of January*
Alternate Duple/Double Progression, No P Swg

A1 N DSD, N Swg
A2 Square Thru, Slide Thru, Meet New Neighbor, Join Hands w/New Neighbor
B1 Circle Left, Circle Right
B2 Lad Chain, Chain Back

*Route 61*
Alternate Duple, No P Swg
(This is listed as a Double Progression. Is it?)

A1 Across the Set RH Balance, Turn Half by Right, R&L Thru & Courtesy Turn
1/4 More
A2 Promenade Wholeset, Wheel Around & Comeback
B1 Lad Chain, Chain Back
B2 New N Swg, LL F&B

*Sue's Delight*
Alternate Duple Single Progression
The Sweep 1/4 are indicated as with vines.

A1 Holding your P hand, Balance as Couples R, then L, Sweep 1/4, Lad Chain
to N
A2 Lad Chain to P, Holding N Hand, Balance as Couples R, the Left, Sweep 1/4
B1 R&L Thru, Star Thru, Circle Half,
B2 Pass Thru & Swg, LL F&B

These contras are all on the first side of the LP "A Modern Style Contra
Dance Party".
Each dance would all be a tough sell today, since there are no Partner
Swings.

More to come,
Rich Sbardella
Stafford, CT