[Callers] contras for modern square dancers

Read Weaver via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 19 05:18:06 PDT 2017

I’ll put in a plug for teaching more contra style as well; in particular, more weight given. Teach them how to do a circle of four while giving weight, as well as in twosome figures (and—personal botheration here--show them how grapevining on the circle disrupts the giving weight). My experience is that MWSDers learn the other stuff very quickly, but the giving weight takes much longer (and a few never realize they’re doing something different from the people around them).

Read Weaver
Jamaica Plain, MA
http://lcfd.org