[Callers] contras for modern square dancers

Judy Greenhill via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jul 18 19:28:38 PDT 2017

Hi everyone,

I have undertaken to teach some modern square dancers how to contra dance,
and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this and has any dances to
recommend? I'm a square dancer myself but most of my contra repertoire is
for modern contra dancers- 2 swings, lots of Balance and swing, etc. I'd
like more dances with MWSD moves in them and possibly without any, or only
1, swing, and they don't need to have a partner swing. The dancers I am
teaching are all either plus or advanced, so they will tire pretty quickly
of the usual simple glossary contras I would normally do in a teaching
situation. They can do the moves; it's the formation that is new to them.

Thanks,

Judy

---