[Callers] Positional Calling

Mark Hillegonds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jul 6 08:27:46 PDT 2017

Hi, Jeremy,

The Lavender Country and Folk Dancers (LCFD) use some positional references
in their gender-free English Country Dances. Might want to check it out:
http://lcfd.org/gf-ecd-calling-conventions.html

Looking forward to hearing more about this as others respond.

On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 10:30 AM, Jeremy Child via Callers <

> Hi Everyone
>
> In the past there has been a lot of discussion on this group about gender
> free calling, and in particular about the terms used for the two roles.
>
> This got me thinking as to whether it would be possible to eliminate the
> use of role names and call using just positional references.
>
> Some significant thought later, I came up with a system that I believe
> could, in theory, work.  This is largely an intellectual exercise rather
> than a serious suggestion, but I would appreciate any comments / feedback /
> thoughts / ideas you have.
>
> The details are at: http://barndancecaller.net/PositionalCalling.html
>
> (There is a link to another document I have written about gender free
> calling - this is primarily aimed at English Barn Dance / Ceilidh calling.)
>
> Jeremy

*Mark Hillegonds*

Cell:  734-756-8441
Email:  mark.hillegonds at gmail.com