[Callers] Local styles vs. consensus

Tom Hinds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jan 31 05:56:20 PST 2017

On Jan 30, 2017, at 3:53 PM, Ron Blechner via Callers wrote:
> If I need to teach a box the gnat or a square-thru to a room with a
> number of new dancers, does it matter whether that move is taught
> for a contra or a square?

I think it depends on your creativity and more specifically the move/
dance/program.

In the past there have been plenty of instances where I've introduced
moves in a square first and of course the other way around.  If I
have a move I want the dancers to know very well I may use a contra
to introduce it because they'll do it many times.   Have fun with it!