[Callers] Contras which feature a "Dublin Bay" figure

Gary Shapiro via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jan 19 10:16:48 PST 2017

I modified Bob Dalsemer's dance, Dog Branch Reel, so that the transition
into the neighbor swing would be more conventional.

To give it even more English flavor, I tried changing B2 to fall back, turn
single while advancing, 2s swing, but it was a hard sell at the contra
dance.

In my own records I call this version "Dog Branch, Really?".

duple, improper

A1   N do-si-do; 1s swing

A2   Line of 4 down the hall 4 steps turning alone on step 4, continue down
the hall walking backwards; up the hall 4 steps turning alone on step 4,
continue up the hall walking backwards, bend the line

B1   Circle L; N swing

B2   Long lines forward and  back; 2s swing

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 2:20 PM, Tavi Merrill via Callers <