[Callers] Another vote for "jets" and "rubies"

Jeff Kaufman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jan 18 16:59:57 PST 2017

Hi Cara!

There is definitely a history! Many dancers don't like lead/follow as terms
because they either don't think contra has a lead/follow dynamic or they
don't want to encourage lead/follow dancing.

Some dance series, primarily ones with younger dancers, do use those terms,
but there are enough dancers opposed to them that I don't see them as a
potential community-wide replacement the way rubies/jets could be.

Jeff

On Jan 18, 2017 7:53 PM, "Cara Sawyer via Callers" <