[Callers] Four face fours

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jan 8 05:24:16 PST 2017

Andrea kindly pointed out that half hey where you're about to pass by the
left into a swing isn't the smoothest transition (without a balance);
something I missed.

I see a couple ways of shifting that, like replacing the chain with a women
allemande left 1.5; which is unfortunately their "non-standard" hand for
that. Another way to avoid a left shoulder to swing would be ditch the
lines of four and go straight into chain to facing neighbor then half hey,
with a balance and swing neighbor in A2.

My sense is that accessible 4x4s really benefit from the lines of 4 to
establish the set every time. Do folks have 4x4s that succeed smoothly
without that?

Thank you all for sharing thoughts and dances.

Revised version, with allemande:

A1 -----------
(8) Lines of four, forward and back
(8) Women left allemande 1.5x (with one on slight left in facing couple)
(8) 1/2 Hey up & down, women passing right shoulders
(8) Neighbor swing (end facing partner, Women's line of direction; men
opposite initial facing.)
(8) Women's Chain up and down to partner, power turn to face trail buddy
couple
(8) 1/2 Hey across, women passing right shoulders
(16) Partner balance and swing