[Callers] Four face fours

Don Veino via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Jan 7 20:03:01 PST 2017

Below is one of mine from a similar series - the one of those I've called
so far. I'm going to test the other [B1 variation] shown here next time I
get a chance.

On your other questions, Lynne Ackerson's Coconut Cream Pie is a fave as
it's interesting yet bulletproof with mixed crowds (and I use it so much, I
wrote another dance leveraged from it to have some variation - Boston Cream
Pie). I also share your fondness for Rick's dance so I swapped bits of Up
All Night to generate one to pair for an alternating dance - Insomniac's
Delight (Gents Left Star, Grand L & R, See Saw).

*Oceans 4 (DRAFT) - 4 Face 4 - Don Veino 20161204*

Note this dance never converts to a square formation. Tune suggestion:
Thomas Shrug's March.

A1
Give & Take (Up/Down), Gent take Neighbor Lady back and Swing

A2
(4,4) Pass the Ocean (Up/Down), Wave Balance Fwd/Back
[NOTE all Gents are on outside oval facing clockwise, Ladies are inside
facing CCW]
(8) Simultaneously:
Ladies in center (across) Half Hey (Ladies facing center start passing
Right)
*WHILE*
Gents Circulate 2 Places (wrap around ends) [I TEACH/CALL THIS AS AN ORBIT
1/2 to stay with more typical contra language for dancers]
[Form similar Ocean Waves aligned up/down with Right Hand to same G&T
Neighbor]

B1
Wave Balance Right (toward N) & Left, Neighbor Box the Gnat
[Not yet tested variation: Balance Fwd/Back, N Allemande Rt 1/2x]
Gents Allemande Left 1+1/2 (to P)

B2
Partner Balance & Swing, end facing progression

First called at the Monday Contras dance in Concord, MA on Dec. 19, 2016