[Callers] Increased number of community dance requests?

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Feb 22 14:35:27 PST 2017

On 2/22/2017 6:25 AM, Luke Donforth via Callers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a bump in requests for
> community/family dances? I feel like the last month or so, there's been
> an uptick in schools and community centers requesting them. Could be a
> local fluctuation, or something bigger. Anyone else getting that impression?
>
> Possibly I'm projecting based on my own desire to build community
> through dance, but a couple years ago I was knocking on doors trying to
> make these happen, and now they're knocking on our door.
>
> Hope you're all having a similar experience!
>
> --
> Luke Donforth
> Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <mailto:Luke.Donev at gmail.com>

Here in the Sonoma County area (a bit north of SF), we've definitely had
growing interest in family dancing over the last year.  There's a
quarterly family dance forming up that precedes one of our regular
contras, and we're looking at possibly adding another before one of our
regular English dances.  Part of the interest is coming from the local
home-schoolers.

Kalia Kliban