[Callers] Does this dance already exist?

Martha Wild via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 10 23:39:14 PDT 2017

Hi, all. Actually, I think the transition from the petronella to the ladies chain is a good one. There are certain moves in dancing, that I’ve heard called “poise points,” where one purposefully switches direction, and it can be very satisfying. For me, the spin to the right feels like the winding up of a spring that you then unleash in the other direction. Some dances that look as if they have good flow end up having so much clockwise spin that it tires people.