[Callers] Boys and Girls

Angela DeCarlis via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Sep 26 16:26:48 PDT 2016

I imagine that the conversation must be much more complex in MWSD given the
tradition of patter.  As I understand it, oftentimes the decision of which
term to label each role is determined by what might best rhyme with the
following call, or by how many syllables you have time to say.

While it's probably a much more ambitious endeavor -- and one which I'm
sure as a contra dance caller I have very little grasp of -- I would say
that many MWSD communities are ready to handle a role-term change, but that
it would take exceedingly creative and experienced callers within that
tradition to help determine what those might look like.

Good luck!
Angela

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Jeremy Child via Callers <