[Callers] new (?) dance - with a shadow swing

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Sep 20 10:48:34 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I know the list has had big debates about shadow swings in the past. If you
don't like 'em, you can pitch this. This dance was written for someone who
wanted a shadow swing, and is something I might call at a shadow-themed
festival session. As shadow swings go, I like the idea of swingus
interuptus going from shadow to partner.

To my knowledge, it's a new composition. Haven't gotten to test it yet. But
I present it for comment and/or collection.

Becket, cw
A1
Circle L 3/4
Neighbor Swing
A2
Promenade across with neighbor
Left Diagonal Ladies chain (to shadow)
B1
women start 1/2 hey straight across by Right shoulder
Women Do Si Do 1x
B2
Shadow swing
Partner swing
(no slide required, circle with couple straight across)