[Callers] Positive values on the mic

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Oct 31 09:26:56 PDT 2016

On 10/31/2016 7:28 AM, Ron Blechner via Callers wrote:
> Hi Shared Weight,
>
> I'd like to hear some examples of things you as a caller (or you as an
> organizer encouraging callers) say on the mic during a dance to promote
> positive dance values.
>
> I ask because I'm reviewing my own dance's "calling our dance"
> communication with callers, as well as evaluating my own statements on mic.

"Take a look around and see if there's sitting on the sidelines who'd
rather be dancing."

"If you've been coming to dances for a while and you're curious about
what it takes to put one of these on, consider being one of our
volunteers.  More hands are always welcome.  Just talk to the folks at
the door if you've got time to help out."

Kalia