[Callers] Caller Directory - in development

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Oct 23 16:44:05 PDT 2016

Hello all,

Couple of questions that have come in, in various forms:

*Can other people edit the spreadsheet?:*
Not currently. The spreadsheet is set to display only. The survey is the
way to add. If you keep URL when you submit your data, you can update
later, but that link is your only way in.

I did that so that people wouldn't have to sign up for an account to get
in. If folks would rather have an account system, we could do that.

If you re-submit your data without the link; you'll show up twice. My plan
was to occasionally go through and remove duplicates (using the latest time
value); reaching out to anyone who shifted drastically.

I can also pass a link to edit the spreadsheet to individuals, but I'd
rather that not go public. Which brings us to the next question...

*Where will this be posted*?
My intention was to make this a publicly available listing. The
shared-weight list-serv is archived online, which means the link to see the
spreadsheet is public (if you dig). I've tried to find a way to put a
CAPTCHA "I'm not a bot" check on opening up the spreadsheet, but haven't
found a clean way yet.

Beyond that, it depends a bit on how many people are on there. With the ~20
folks on there now just from shared weight; it's a collection of nice
information. I imagine organizers on this list will note it; and I'd ask
that it be cross-posted on the organizers list. If folks start using it,
I'd reach out to CDSS about posting the link (to the survey and the
spreadsheet) both online and in the newsletter, and share it around on
social media.

I'm open to feedback on where it should be, and how it should be accessed.
This is still an idea in development
.

*How will this be posted?*
Again, depends on usage. Up to several dozen, I'll just leave it organized
primarily by state and let people filter as needed. If it really takes off,
I'll up my coding game and try to implement a front end that does some of
the searching for you.

Thanks again to those who have given feedback, taken part, or explained why
they declined to do so.

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Michael Barraclough via Callers <

Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>