[Callers] Ralph Page Style

Martha Wild via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Oct 18 07:55:44 PDT 2016

One of the reasons I wrote “Hot Cross Bunny” was because I love the transition of swinging, facing up, and going proper down the outside, but I don’t like the wait to be active. So it’s a double-progression dance, and usually everyone gets their chance to be active. In a crowd that won’t be confused by it, you can also let the #2 couple swing during A1 (or g and swing) and face up for when the #1s get back to them (as some people do in Chorus Jig as well to let the 2s have a swing while the ones go down the outside).

Martha Wild

Hot Cross Bunny
Duple Proper

A1) Ones down the outside, come back up and cross to each other’s place (woman passing closer to the other couple)

A2) Circle left once around
Do-si-do neighbor once and a half (or think of it as once and then pass through)

B1) Next neighbor g and swing

B2) Long lines forward and back
Ones swing and face up