[Callers] Contra friendly squares

Tom Hinds via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Oct 17 04:44:17 PDT 2016

There are many reasons some contra dancers don't like squares.  One
is that they take a long time to teach.  For some squares it's a good
idea to walk through the figure for both the heads and sides.
Depending on the caller and dancers a full length break may be taught
as well.

When I call where there are both beginners and square haters, I look
for quick teach squares.  One that comes to mind is Reel Your Partner
by Ted S.

I also highly recommend squares written by Tony Parkes.  He's written
many that are accessible and a the same time interesting.