[Callers] Is Pony Fun Unique?

Roger Hayes via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Oct 13 17:04:29 PDT 2016

I know it's not what she intended, but here's what comes to my mind from a
literal interpretation of the original instructions:

A1 Right hand star with (current) neighbors,
      Left hand star with (previous) neighbors
A2 Go back to (current neighbor) and swing,
      Ladies roll away to partner swing
B1 Gents chain, starting with a left hand (the free hand) pull-by, courtesy
turn with gent on left walking forward
      Gents chain back
B2 Circle L 3/4, pass through

It's not a good dance like this, though -- too busy, too dizzy, and the
B2/A1 transition is awkward.  I suppose this might stand as a cautionary
example for anyone reconstructing dances from the historical record; the
intended dance as recorded by Don is different from this particular minimal
literal reconstruction.

- Roger Hayes
  Madison WI

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 1:08 PM, Don Veino via Callers <