[Callers] Fewer than 6 dancers - Ideas?

JD Erskine via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Oct 4 23:21:46 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-04 2158, Michael Barraclough via Callers wrote:
> I am sure that Kalia will kill me for this (as I know she knows) but
> the dance is really Pride of the Pingle by the late Ken Alexander (UK).
> Someone from the USA saw it in the UK, misheard the name, assumed it
> was Irish and called it Pride of the Dingle when they called it in the
> USA. Such is the folk process! BTW the 'Pingle' referred to is a local
> housing estate (neighborhood) near where Ken lived.
>
> Michael Barraclough
> www.michaelbarraclough.com

Thanks for broaching the subject Michael. I wasn't sure whether to bring
it up, however discovered it a few years ago when on a general dance
churn on the interwebs.

I turned up one rendition of the story in the newsletters at

American Dance Circle - Lloyd Shaw Foundation
http://www.lloydshaw.org/american-dance-circle.html

The edition in question is that of May 1982
http://www.lloydshaw.org/Resources/adc/198205i.pdf

Cheers, John
--
J.D. Erskine