[Callers] A Lot of "Don't Know" dances--Most Now Have Names

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sat Nov 12 11:31:21 PST 2016

Hi All,

Thanks to all who've supplied names! Below are the names of most of my "Don't Know" dances. A few, reposted at the bottom of this email, are still mysteries.

~Erik Hoffman
Oakland, CA

My Right Hand Man
Becket
Roger Auman
A1    Wmn Allemande Rt 1½; Half Hey (Nb st Lft sh)
A2      NbrB&S
B1      on Lft Diag: Women Chain-to Shdw;
        (w/ Shdw) Across: Right & Left Thru
B2      LLF&B; Partner Swing

a slight variation of: A Precarious Balance
Improper
Becky Hill-original has A1 as Nbr B&S
A1      DSD Nbr;  Sw Nbr
A1      R&L Thru Acrss; Star Lft ¾,
        end in a wave on the Wm's side Pt in left, Shdw in Rt
B1      BAL the wave, Al Rt Shdw; Sw Pt
B2      Circle Lft 1¼; CA twirl Pt

Early Morning Swim-w/ clarification from Kathy
Improper
Kathy Anderson
A1      Ones split the Twos: Mirror DSD to Circle;
        BAL the Ring, Pt Rollaway with a Half Sashay Acrss
A2      DSD Nbr to a Wave, Mn in Center;
        Rory O'More BAL (to put Wm in center)
B1      Wm Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Prom Pt;  Circle Lft ¾, Twos Arch, Pop the Ones through

Greenfield Petronella
Improper
Chris Ricciotti
A1      Ptnella BAL Twice
A2      BAL the Ring, CA Twril Pt;  Sw Nbr
B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Wm Chain;  Half Hey, Wm start, Rt shoulder
>From a green piece of paper, the 2000 Echo Summit dance schedule.  I should email Susan Kevra (the other caller) and see if she knows about this dance.

Rollin' and Tumblin'
Improper
Cis Hinkle
A1      BAL & Sw Nbr
A2      LLF&B w/ Wm Roll Away with Half Sashay (left);
        LLF&B w/ Mn Roll Away with a Half Sashay (Rt, same Nbr)
B1      Wm Al Rt 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      Wm Chain;  Star Left

Fun Dance for Majoirie
Becket
Dean Alemain
A1      Crcl Lft ¾;  Nb Sw
A2      LLF&B; Mn Al Lft 1½
B1      Pt BAL & Sw
B2      Mn Cross (4), Wm Cross (4); Hands Across Rt Star
        Single File lead to next couple (Mn in lead)

California Twirlin'
Imp
Janet Levatin
A1      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, CA Twirl, turn alone to face in
        Bal Ring, w/ Nb, CA Twirl, (I think:) turn alone to face in
A2      Bal Ring, w/ Pt, Ca Twirl to face new Nb;  that New Nb Sw
B1      Circle Lft ¾;  Pt Sw
B2      Wm Chain;  LLF&B w/ Rollaway
(or, I think, LLF&B; Wm Chain /w Rollaway)

Backstitch
Improper
Al Olson
A1      (Remember this Nbr) LLF&B;  BAL Towards Nbr One, Back, Roll Away with Half Sashay
A2      (still in lines) BALt  towards Nbr Two, Away, Sw Nbr Two
B1      Mn Al Lft 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      (with Nbr Two) Star Lft ¾;  Sw Nbr One
>From Kathy Anderson at the Brattleboro Dawn Dance, May 29, 2000

Rollin' to the Grey Eagle
Improper
Hank Morris
A1    LLF&B w/ Rollaway; Women Chain
A2    Hey (Wm st Rt sh)
B1    Partner B&S
B2    Circle Left ¾; Neighbor Swing

Baridhara
Improper
Chris Weiler
A1    Star Right; Neighbor Gypsy
A2    Circle Single File Left Half (still looking at Neighbor Women lead) (4)
         Neighbor Gypsy (some more) (4);
         Neighbor Swing
B1    Give & Take: Women pull Partner back
B2    Women Chain; Star Left

Roll 12.5
Improper
Chris Page
A1     Nbr DSD; Nbr Swing
A2     LLF&B;  Wm chain (to Pt)-end in Ring
B1     Ring Balance, Roll Nbr; Pt Swing
B2     Circle Lft ¾;  Ring Balance, CA Twirl

Quicksilver Reel
Becket
Mike Richardson
A1      Long Lines Forwad & Back;  Circle Left, Slide Lft (R&L T; Circle Slide, or LLF&B, Circle ½, Slide)
A2      Hey, Wm start, Rt shoulder
B1      Wm Al Rt ¾ to long wave in center (4), BAL;  Wm back out WHILE Mn Al Rt with Man to Rt ¾ to long wave, BAL
B2      Mn step forward to Pt: Sw Pt

Ben's Spinoff #3
Becket
A1    Nbr Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By, Pt Allemande Rt, Wmn Lft Pull By
A2    Neighbor B&S
B1    Circle Left ¾; Partner Swing
B2    LLF&B; Women Chain
        At least it was on a blue piece of paper that also had Hey for 40, as called by S.K.

Don't Know #1
Improper
Don't Know
A1      with Nbr, BAL, Bx Gnat;  Star Rt
A2      Circle Lft ¾;  Sw Pt
B1      Mn Pull By with the Left, Bx Gnat with Nbr;
        Half Hey, Nbr start Rt Shoulder
B2      BAL & Sw Nbr

Don't Know #2
Improper
Don't Know
A1      BAL with Nbr, Gypsy (Rt shoulder);
        Half Hey, Wm start Lft Shoulder
A2      BAL & Sw Nbr (opposite side)
B1      Wm Gypsy 1½;  Sw Pt
B2      LLF&B;  Mn Gypsy 1½ to progress

Don't Know #3
Improper
Don't Know
A1      Nbr BAL & Sw end in Circle
A2      BAL Ring, Pet Tw to wave: Pt in Rt, Wm in Cntr
        Rory O'More BAL,
B1      Mn Al Lft once, Pt Sw
B2      Circle Lft ¾; Nbr Al Lft 1½
On an envelope

Don't Know Yet From Andy Wilson-June 1, ????
Imp
A1      "Hey" along lines: Pass Nb Rt, next Lft, 3rd Rt Shoulder Turn, pass next Left, to
        Current Nbr
A1       w/ Current Nbr, ½ Rt Sh Turn then "Stalk": Wm crosses, Mn follows to other
        side;  Nb Sw
B1      Circle Lft ¾;  Pt Sw
B2      Star Lft ¾; turn to face Nbr: BAL, Pull by w/ Rt
Says, Beware to start the "Hey" with the Right Shoulder. Could that last Balance & Pull By be with the Left?