[Callers] Positive values on the mic

Luke Donforth via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Nov 1 10:42:23 PDT 2016

I don't remember who coined it, but I like the line "how about some lively
applause for these live musicians" as a gentle reminder to appreciate the
musicians if the applause is a little lackluster.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Ron Blechner via Callers <

> Hi Shared Weight,
>
> I'd like to hear some examples of things you as a caller (or you as an
> organizer encouraging callers) say on the mic during a dance to promote
> positive dance values.
>
> I ask because I'm reviewing my own dance's "calling our dance"
> communication with callers, as well as evaluating my own statements on mic.
>
> I'll get us started.
>
> I like to say, a couple times per evening, for dancers to look to the
> sidelines for dancers who were sitting out, in considering a partner.
>
> In dance,
> Ron Blechner

Luke Donforth
Luke.Donforth at gmail.com <Luke.Donev at gmail.com>